Thursday, April 9, 2009

......wear a leash!


"My child will Never wear a leash like a dog!" I think this is one of the greatest inventions yet! My sister had one when we were little because we lost her EVERYWHERE we went. Of course, back then they weren't so cute and stylish. You can't see it, but on Cate's back is a cute little puppy dog. This is Nana's leash. Mine is a hot pink one with a little purse, but I like Nana's much better. Cate does not mind her leash at all! She is making this face because I won't let her drag me around.
I have a very independent child. She loves to explore the world and wants to know what everything is called and know how it feels and smells. She does not like to be held and only wants to hold your hand if she is unsure of her surroundings. So this has been a great way to let her explore and give her some control, but to do so at my pace. I was very weary at first at putting her on "the leash" in public. But surprisingly, people find it to be cute. It is WONDERFUL in places like the mall. Cate also HATES to be pushed in a stroller. She and Nana take a walk everyday around the neighborhood and when she gets tired, then she will ride in her stroller. So if you have been hesitant about putting your child on "the leash", go ahead! Men tend to be the ones with issues about "the leash". They are no fun to shop with anyway =)

1 comment:

  1. I just can't do it---YET. I'm pretty sure there will come a day when we do get Jacob on one!! He's the same as what you described about Cate.

    ReplyDelete

Followers