Wednesday, April 22, 2009

have a green thumb! Or will she?

I HATE WATERING PLANTS! HATE!!! I used to have plants in my office and I would sit and stare at them thinking how they needed water, but I refused to water them. So I got rid of them. Why you ask??? I honestly have no idea! I will mop, do laundry, clean bathrooms etc., but for some reason, as simple as it is, I just DESPISE it! There has to be some deep psychological theory like, I hate the plant because it is dependent on me and I see that as a sign of weakness. I am an extremely co-dependent person and I loathe this about myself. So maybe I secretly loathe the plant!!!! Who knows? Cate on the other hand has really enjoyed watering the plants on our porch. No, I didn't buy them! Nana bought us daisies and I was given tulips that were thrown on the ground in anger, but I am now trying to revive =) Not because I'm not angry anymore but because I just love tulips that much! Cate brings me her watering can and says "mow" for more water. We have no idea why she can say "horse", but says "more" like she is ghetto fabulous....yeah, I just said that. I get to, because it's my blog. So she waters daily, usually several times a day. But I don't worry about drowning the plants. Most of the water spills onto the pavement. Or I guess I should say, is directly poured onto the pavement. After pouring the water out several times, she says "messy". Then she likes to get a towel and try to wipe up her mess. I just wish she would practice this technique after she eats. Why does it only apply to water? Lately, she has gotten interested in the spout of the water can. So maybe my child has hope and won't have resentments towards plants the way I do! Don't get me wrong, I think they are beautiful. Receiving flowers just because is mega brownie points with me! But I love how Cate loves nature and soaks up its beauty. She loves to lay down in the backyard and look up at the clouds. She picks flowers for the people she loves and shrieks with joy to feel the wind blowing her hair. She asks to take walks down the street and dances in the rain with her face towards the sky. She is precious and beautiful and reminds me daily how to enjoy God's simple gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! How have I missed it? Great to see you here and your Cate is adorable!! And I hate plants, too- no worries! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers