Wednesday, April 8, 2009

...... watch t.v. before the age of 2!


According to studies, children should not watch t.v. before the age of 2. Yeah right! I would really like to have a conversation with the researchers of this study and ask for alternative ways to distract our children while we shower, get dress, or cook dinner. I guess if you have older children or a spouse to help you, then this would be possible. But I am a single mom of one child, and think Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was sent from above!


This is how I get ready every morning and how I get dinner cooked on the rare occassion that I'm feeling domestic. I have 22 episodes on DVR. Cate is watching Mickey Mouse with Mickey and Minnie and each hand. The baby gate is suppose to block her from pushing any buttons. I don't have to use it anymore, but those plastic covers didn't last a second in my house. If your buttons stick out, you can push the plastic and push all the buttons at once.

In the beginning, I felt guilty for it. But that guilt is long gone! I by no means believe that t.v should be a substitute for teaching our children, but a little distraction each day is ok with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers