Tuesday, April 14, 2009

....not know her sister


I swore to myself that I wouldn't get too personal in my blogs, but this is laying heavy on my heart. Cate has a half sister, Alicia. This picture was taken at Cate's first birthday party and it is the last time that Cate or I have seen her. She lives in Mobile and has twin little brothers so it makes it difficult for our families to get together with so many young ones. That's a long drive for toddlers! HOWEVER, on April 25th, Cate and I will be seeing Alicia again for the first time in over a year! I am beyond excited and can't wait to wrap my arms around her and hear her sweet voice in person and not over a phone. Hopefully, with the kids getting older, we will be able to get together more often so that Alicia and Cate will be able to develop a bond. I try not to be unrealistic; I know they will probably feel more like cousins than sisters. Alicia's mother and I can plant the seed for their relationship, but it will ultimately be up to them to make of it what they will. It doesn't matter if she WAS my step daughter and isn't anymore, I will always hold a special place in my heart for her and love her dearly.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you and Cate. Hopefully this will be something that you and Cate can continue you too do. And hey, if they do end up knowing each other more like cousins....that's not half bad either. I know some cousins that I've been pretty close to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! You made me cry!

    ReplyDelete

Followers