Tuesday, April 21, 2009

be caught wearing a bicycle helmet!

How many times have you had the conversation that your kid will never wear a bicycle helmet because YOU didn't wear one and YOU are alive! I have said this very sentence a million times, but then picture that tiny precious noggin and think that she WILL wear one whether she likes it or not! Don't worry! I am not so crazy that I make my sweet angel wear a helmet in her "Fintstone" car. My family has taken up bicycling (are you laughing yet? ) and my parents have purchased a bike trailer for my munchkin to ride in behind the bike. So Nana is getting Cate used to wearing the helmet. She gets "nims" (M&Ms) when she is a big girl and wears her helmet =)

This will be Cate's new set of wheels!!!!! It's called the Burley D'lite. For those that know me, you know that Nana and Papa have spoiled my child rotten. And you also know that my parents would have never bought anything like this for me or Amy....only our kids. They searched the internet for the perfect one! It also comes with a stroller kit so it can be used for that as well. It's rather large, so I think it would be a headache in smaller stores and shops, but great for walking and department stores. I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here. In the meantime, if you take a drive down Woodmere and see me or my mother on a bicycle, STAY CLEAR! We haven't ridden bikes since we were 12 years old!

1 comment:

  1. And your mom called my mom the other day to tell her about the bike purchases....she warned that we might look outside our windows and see you all passed out in the yard!!!
    I think that it's a great way to spend some time together.
    One question....If Cate has to wear a helmet...where is yours???

    ReplyDelete

Followers